Friday, September 12, 2008

A Santa Fe SD40-2 pulls a short stack train into Hillsdale Yard. The access road along the front is made of styrofoam inserts from Athearn Ready-To-Roll freight cars packages. I hot-glued them to the edge of the plywood the yard was built on, and painted them to look like a dirt road. In previous photos, they were still white, and the caboose track hadn't been finished yet. It now has full ballast, and the rails have been painted.
Here is a shot of downtown. The drunk seems to have fallen out of the Pub into the gutter! I have been actively adding license plates to my vehicles for added realism.
Here's a panoramic view of the city from across Hillsdale Yard. This is after I placed Faller hedges along the edge of the yard to hide the edge of the foam boards the city is built on.
The AP&W's work crew winds down another day.
This shows the Citibank after I added a parking lot beside it. The bank's manager thanked me.

No comments: