Sunday, April 25, 2010

DIRT ROAD PT 2

This sequence of photos show how I solved a simple problem on my layout.

The problem; a height mismatch between the main M.O.W. parking lot and the access road alongside Hillsdale Yard. While my HO scale vehicles don't literally drive up and down the road, a smoother transition was definitely needed for a more realistic appearance.

First I trimmed and shaped a left-over piece of cork roadbed for use as a ramp up from the access road to the main lot, and hot-glued it to the foam road surface. With the addition of the ramp, the sewer drain and 'mini shrub' in this area were removed.

Next, I covered it with the Scenic Express 'Fine soil & dirt' that I used on the rest of the road. This is the end result. Now my work crews have a much easier trip into and out the lot. Next up, dirt on the rest of the lot!

No comments: