Saturday, March 19, 2011

THE BACK OF THE LAYOUT

While playing around with my camera one day, I took these photos of the back side of the layout -the side I'm trying to hide from the front!

This view shows a unit coal train on the rear trackage. The Bailey Building can be seen in the distance, with the Delta Building next to it.

A unit ethanol train is rolling on the other track. At the top of the photo, you can see where I had to trim the backdrop to clear the ceiling joist (but left the 'tab' in place!). On the left is a group of trees I recently put there, despite not being easily seen from the front.

If the layout were still in the hobby shop, this would be the view down the side. The camera flash really makes those silver hoppers stand out!

The back of the houses on Main Street can be seen here, along with the group of trees planted for the 'green' of it.

A final look. I bought the trees on E-Bay, only to find that they were too bright green to go with the forest at other end of the layout. So I put them here to enhance the view when I'm operating in the center of the layout. Since I still have another pack of trees to use, I'll probably put more back here after painting the board. The trains do look good rolling along the backdrop, and the trees add to it.

No comments: