Friday, July 29, 2011

2011 UPDATE #7

As always, I keep adding to the layout whenever I have the chance. Once again, I extended the backdrop along the wall -but this time not behind the layout!

This was the scene as viewed from inside the layout. Since I don't normally operate or take photos from here, the shortness of the backdrop really wasn't a problem. I did, however, have an extra set of backdrop extensions that I wasn't using.


So, why not? The seam visible just to the left of the edge of the layout is where the backdrop originally stopped.


The slight effect of the newly added panel. While not much from this angle, in the last post the photo of the Ford Explorer outside the Kibri Apts. was made better by this extension; the sky could now fill the whole background (why I took the photo!).


Another recent update: the completion of the planned lighting of Bank Street! Two of the lights are visible here, on either side of the church. The third one is in front of the hotel, hidden by the communications antenna.


And now, the night shot. And yes, I DID add two vehicles with working headlights as planned! Even better, I just ordered another lighted vehicle for the other side of the street!

No comments: