Saturday, September 3, 2011

2011 UPDATE PT7

Some of the latest changes to the layout...

After installing the new light on the west end of Hillsdale Yard, the bare cork became even more noticeable. While I had placed a stack of rails to hide this, I finally decided to finish this area, since the yard track obviously wasn't going to be extended.


The solution? Add dirt! The same Scenic Express dirt that I've been using elsewhere in the yard I applied here. I also added a pair of Noch grass strips to provide the commonly seen 'weeds' in places like this.


The finished result, with the rails back in place. I will probably add some 'vegetation' to the left side to help hide the exposed foam board; as it is, this scene is starting to resemble what I once photographed around Montview Yard here in Lynchburg several years ago with stored rails sitting among the weeds. (Check my other blog for the photo, it was an '08 post.)


Another change was done to the MOW shack. Now, two roof top vents help keep the air fresher amid all the grinding, welding, etc. that goes on. The container is divided into two rooms; the right side is the office (hence the a/c unit [not visible] mounted in the rear container door), the left side is the workshop. In addition to an internal door between the two, there are also entry doors on both ends of the container.

There will be at least one more update this year -the final extension of the backdrop!


No comments: