Saturday, January 5, 2013

RESTART!

This past summer, I decided to re-do the layout! There were some changes that I wanted to make, so...
I completely cleaned off the layout -boards and all!
The back line was completely torn down; there were a  number of switches that, while not a problem, were either largely inaccessible due to their locations, or were no longer being used -again due to their locations at the back of the layout.
In addition to ripping up track on the back side, I also tore up some track in the yard. A new board is in place on the far end. And all the wiring will be torn out as well, as I replace the bus lines under the layout.
The new curves are laid out. The roadbed is Woodland Scenics Track-Bed.

Track laying is in progress. I went from 26"/28" radius curves to 37"/39" radius curves. While not necessary to run my equipment, since I was putting in the board, why not "go big"? Unfortunately, poor planning got me here; I didn't brace the board first, so now I have to correct a noticeable sag along the front!
I also added this panel across the end legs. The layout is now much more stable than before! Down the line, I would like to put some shelves here for storage. Never can have enough!

No comments: